Cudgen Leagues Club open as normal after office fire

881

TWEED HEADS Firefighters were first on the scene of a small fire in the office department of the Cudgen Leagues Club at about 8am this morning.

Club manager Nathan Kerr told The Weekly the fire was contained to the office and the club was operating as normal.

“We believe the fire was started from an electrical issue, however the fire department are looking into the issue,” he said.

“The Club is open and operating as normal.”

Tweed Heads Firefighters on 468 Alpha noticed smoke coming from the building and additional resources were called in from 468 Hazmat and 347 Kingscliff for support.

“The fire was contained to offices on the ground floor with two staff members evacuated,” the firefighters said.

“The remainder of the building suffered minor heat, smoke and water damage.”